National Webinar: Wednesday, October 5, 2016
Learning Exchange: Tuesday, October 11, 2016
The webinar will focus on a comprehensive approach to strengthening supervisory practice throughout Indiana’s Department of Child Services (DCS). The session will focus on the development and refinement of a range of inter-connected supervisory initiatives in Indiana, including:
- The Indiana Training Needs Assessment (ITNA) and the Deloitte/3P Consulting Report;
- Onboarding Process for new supervisors;
- Supervisory Core Training Series, which includes transfer-of-learning opportunities related to common missteps when assuming the supervisory role, and modules focused on orientation to the supervisory role, supervisor as manager, supervisor as coach and supervisor as team leader;
- Coaching Supervisors For Successful Supervisory Practice using case studies;
- Quarterly Supervisory Workshops on timely and relevant supervisory topics;
- NCWWI’s Leadership Academy for Experienced Supervisors (LAS) to support supervisory advancement;
- Ongoing Partnership with Indiana University; and,
- Supervisory Mentoring Program.
This session will provide participants with a range of doable steps and strategies for strengthening supervisory practice in their own organizations. Presenters will highlight how these efforts build upon one another, as well as review the leadership supports, key partnerships, and implementation activities needed, including relevant tips, tools and lessons learned.
Presenters include: LaTrece Thompson, Twan Stokes, and Scott Derr. For more information, please explore our Presenter Bios.
Handouts and Resources: