A one hour informational webinar to explore our Workforce Development Tool Kit. Click here for more information and to register for this webinar session.
This four-part series of short, informational yet interactive webinars will help you explore NCWWI resources and efficiently locate just the right items to help you make positive change in your teams or organizations. Each of these 45-minute sessions will help participants use or apply one of the following sets of NCWWI tools: (1) eResources on MyNCWWI; (2) NCWWI Online Learning Opportunities, including microlearnings; (3) Leadership Development Tool Kit; and (4) Workforce Development Planning & Assessment Tool Kit. Click here for more information and to register for this webinar series.
Mind the Gap: Addressing Child Welfare Challenges with Workforce Development Strategies
Running from 2014-2017, this 10-part webinar series showcases child welfare issues, and a range of workforce development strategies that can be used to address and ameliorate them. The series launched with an overview of the NCWWI Workforce Development Framework (WDF) and its application for the field. Subsequent sessions feature agency and university leaders sharing different gap-closing workforce development strategies related to the 8 WDF components.
- Introducing the Workforce Development Framework
- Simulation Labs for Child Welfare Education and Training
- Children's Corps: A Dynamic Approach to Child Welfare Worker Recruitment, Screening and Selection
- Child Welfare Training Competencies in Action: The Ohio Experience
- Transforming Child Welfare Decision-making through Modern Technology & Data Analytics
- Becoming a Trauma-informed Child Welfare Agency: The Waupaca County Journey
- Real World Barriers & Strategies for Evidence-based Practice Implementation
- Prioritizing Supervision: Comprehensive Supervisory Development in Indiana
- Achieving Racial Equity through Workforce & Organizational Change
- Peer Mentoring, Crisis Response & Resilience-building: NJ DCF’s Worker2Worker Program
Making a Difference: NCWWI Impact & Lessons Learned (2008-2013)
- Evaluation Findings, Strategies and Lessons Learned
- Traineeships Legacies and Lessons Learned
- Child Welfare Means Change Management: Stories and Lessons Learned from LAMM Alumni
- Leadership Academy for Supervisors: What We Learned and How We Changed
What Works for the Workforce: Leadership Competencies in Action - A National Webinar Series on Leading Change to Strengthen the Child Welfare Workforce.
- ChildStat: Leading Systems-level Improvements based on Case-level Experiences
- Competency-based Recruitment, Screening & Selection: Strengthening Workforce Capacity, Retention & Organizational Resiliency
- Improving Supervision by Collaboration, Transparency & Accountability: The Impact of Missouri's Supervision Advisory Committee
- New Jersey Fellows: Building Capacity in "Managing by Data" to Improve Leadership, Frontline Practice & Case Outcomes
- Coaching to Support Solution-based Casework in Child Welfare
- Design Teams & Learning Circles: Agency- & Unit-level Interventions for Improving Organizational Climate & Culture
- Casework Teaming to Manage Workload, Enhance Effectiveness and Boost Morale
- BONUS SESSION #1: Learning & Living the NCWWI Leadership Model
- BONUS SESSION #2: Evidence-based Practices in Child Welfare: Opportunities & Challenges for the Workforce
- Building a Culturally Responsive Workforce: The Texas Model for Undoing Disproportionality & Disparities in Child Welfare
- Child Welfare Staff Engagement & Retention in Washington DC: Alternative Work Schedules, Telecommuting & Other Supports
- Beyond Professional Education & Training: PA's Dynamic University-Agency Partnership for Transfer of Learning, Quality Improvement & Organizational Effectiveness