Preventing & Responding to Missing and Murdered Indigenous Persons
Participants will learn foundational knowledge to assess and address risk factors and incidents to prevent and respond to indigenous persons going missing and being murdered (MMIP).
After the webinar, participants will be able to:
1. Conceptualize persons going missing and being murdered in a public health framework.
2. Acknowledge and understand the disparities and disproportionalities around these risk factors and outcomes for indigenous families.
3. Describe how the work they do in child welfare fits into that framework.
4. Understand how resources available from NCMEC, CB and the CBCs could assist them to address these issues.
5. Give examples of work they could do to better address MMIP