Making a Difference #1: Evaluation Findings, Strategies and Lessons Learned
Webinar held March 26, 2014
Evaluation Findings, Strategies & Lessons Learned, was the first session in the NCWWI 4-part national webinar mini-series, Making a Difference: NCWWI Impact & Lessons Learned (2008-2013). This first webinar offers an overview of what we learned through our evaluation, while the subsequent three sessions highlight practical strategies and tips from our Traineeships Program, Leadership Academy for Middle Managers and Leadership Academy for Supervisors.
Since 2008, NCWWI has worked to improve child welfare practice through the use of diverse partnerships focusing on workforce systems development, organizational interventions, and change leadership, using data-driven capacity building, education, and professional development. In this session, NCWWI evaluators will share the results of the rigorous formative and outcome evaluations that informed our partnership and provided important data for how well we met goals and achieved outcomes.
Participants learn about the methods used to evaluate NCWWI’s partnership, dissemination and outreach efforts, as well as the results of the service components, including:
- Learning and transfer of learning outcomes for participants of the Leadership Academy for Middle Managers (LAMM) and the Leadership Academy for Supervisors (LAS); and,
- Learning outcomes and transition of key knowledge and skills to the workplace for BSW and MSW students who received stipends through the Traineeship Program.
This session also highlights findings from our research examining factors that predict learning and transfer of learning, and implications for the field about how to design and implement successful blended learning programs to develop the workforce. Our panel of presenters includes:
- Robin Leake, PhD, Research Associate Professor, University of Denver Graduate School of Social Work & Research and Evaluation Director, Butler Institute for Families, University of Denver
- Shauna Rienks, PhD, Research Analyst,Butler Institute for Families, University of Denver & Research Assistant Professor, University of Denver Graduate School of Social Work
- Anna de Guzman, Research Specialist, Butler Institute for Families, University of Denver
- Salvador Armendariz, Research Assistant, Butler Institute for Families, University of Denver
Recording and Handouts