National Child Welfare Workforce Institute
Website Privacy Statement
The National Child Welfare Workforce Institute is committed to protecting the privacy and accuracy of confidential information to the extent possible, subject to provisions of state and federal law. Other than as required by laws that guarantee public access to certain types of information, or in response to subpoenas or other legal instruments that authorize access, personal information is not actively shared. In particular, we do not redistribute or sell personal information collected on our web servers.
The National Child Welfare Workforce Institute web servers collect the following analytics:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address of device being used
- Webpages requested
- Referring webpage
- Browser used
- Date and time
The National Child Welfare Workforce Institute does not associate this data with individual user identities.
In addition to the IP address/browser information collected from anonymous visitors to the site, other information is collected and stored when users log in to view restricted content or submit forms. Specifically, the following information is collected when a user creates a MyNCWWI account:
- First name
- Last name
- Date and time of login
The National Child Welfare Workforce Institute site may use “cookies” to prefill webforms for individual users’ interests, keep track of online training progress, and/or track interactive web content for users. Sensitive personal information is not stored within cookies.
The National Child Welfare Workforce Institute uses webforms on this site. These forms require users to give contact information. Contact information from the registration form is used to send material relating to the [event/course/purpose] for which it was collected and to communicate about NCWWI resources and offerings. Contact information collected in these forms will not be sold to another party.
Use of Collected Information:
- The National Child Welfare Workforce Institute will only use personal information collected from this site for the purpose of communicating with individuals who contact us via the site.
- The National Child Welfare Workforce Institute uses browser-IP-address information and anonymous browser history to report information about site accesses and for profiling purposes. This information is used to improve web presentation and utilization. IP address information may also be used for troubleshooting purposes.
Distribution of Collected Information:
- The National Child Welfare Workforce Institute will not disclose, without your consent, personal information collected about you, except for certain explicit circumstances in which disclosure is required by law.
- The National Child Welfare Workforce Institute will not distribute or sell personal information to third-party organizations.
Privacy Statement Revisions:
This Privacy Statement was last revised on 2/1/2022. We may change this Privacy Statement at any time and for any reason. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement each time you visit the website.
If we make a significant change to our Privacy Statement, we will post a notice on the homepage of our website for 14 days after the change is made.
Responsibility for External Sites:
This website contains links to other websites. Many of those websites are operated by third parties. We provide the links for your convenience, but we do not review, control, or monitor the privacy practices of websites operated by others.
We are not responsible for the performance of websites operated by third parties or for your business dealings with them. Therefore, whenever you leave the National Child Welfare Workforce Institute website, we recommend that you review each website’s privacy practices and make your own conclusions regarding the adequacy of those practices.